- Michelle, Emma. “How To: Support Your Writer Friend.” Writers Bloc. (To be published online in July 2018)
- Michelle, Emma. “Cartoons, Catharsis, and Closure.” Going Down Swinging. (To be published online in July 2018)
- Michelle, Emma. Title TBC (personal essay on cartoons and relationships). Orenda Magazine. (To be published in Issue Six, 2018)
- Michelle, Emma. Rare Birds. (forthcoming, date TBC)
- Michelle, Emma. “Cartoons and Heartache.” Farrago Magazine, Feb. 2018, pp. 28-29.
- Michelle, Emma. Watching Cartoons with Boys. Lulu Press Inc, 2017. (NB: Self-published)
- Michelle, Emma. “Like Siamese.” Crossroads: An Anthology, edited by Lynn Fowler, Birdcatcher Books, 2017, pp. 217-228.
- Michelle, Emma. “5 Reasons Real Traditional Textbooks Are Better Than Ebooks.” Society19. 19 Oct. 2016.
- Michelle, Emma. “‘Don’t let me disappear’: Trauma narrative in The Catcher in the Rye.” Kill Your Darlings. 18 Jul. 2016.
- Michelle, Emma. “88 Lines About 44 Books.” Farrago Magazine. 23 Apr. 2016.
- Michelle, Emma, and Maxwell, Elizabeth Anne. “Six years on: the enduring influence of J. D. Salinger.” The Conversation. 27 Jan. 2016. NB: Republished online by the New Zealand Herald.
- Michelle, Emma, and Maxwell, Elizabeth Anne. “J. D. Salinger: the little-known legacy of one of the world’s most-read authors.” The Conversation. 16 Jul. 2015.
- Was the 4th most-read article from the University of Melbourne that month, attracting 30k+ clicks through republishing on sites like Scroll.in and Digg;
- Resulted in an invitation to study a Master of Arts (Research) at the University of Melbourne; and
- Has been used as a teaching resource in Literary Studies lesson plans (see: Elephango)
- Creece, Alex. Review of Watching Cartoons with Boys, by Emma Michelle. Ramona Magazine, 11 Feb. 2018.
- Halbert, Jemimah. Review of Watching Cartoons with Boys, by Emma Michelle. Oddfeather Creative, 18 Dec. 2017.
- “Interview: Emma Michelle, author of Watching Cartoons with Boys.” Underground Writers, By Jemimah Halbert, 29 Nov. 2017.
- Gately, Jessica. Review of Watching Cartoons with Boys, by Emma Michelle. Underground Writers, 5 Nov. 2017, p. 6.
- Interview with Dominic Knight. Evenings: ABC Local Radio NSW. 29 Jan. 2016.
- Interview with Nakkiah Lui. Evenings: ABC Local Radio NSW. 16 Jul. 2015.
- Birdcatcher Books Short Story Award: “Like Siamese” – Longlisted (2016)